The campsite is situated in an area of stunning natural beauty along the River Vassaraälven, with views towards Dundret.
The centre of Gällivare, with access to shopping, banks, restaurants, swimming pools and entertainment, is just a five-minute walk away. Neighbouring the campsite you’ll find the grounds of the local history society, with Strandcaféet riverside café, Sami cots and fine old buildings.
Investing in the future
- In 2003 we invested in 12 new cabins. We also opened a new reception and installed fibre-optic Wi-Fi as well as a kiosk selling groceries, souvenirs and fishing permits, etc.
- In 2006 we completed 6 new 2-bed cabins, with a 6-room 12-bed youth hostel added during 2007, along with a new playground.
- In 2008 we invested in a new youth hostel containing 11 double rooms (24 beds in total).
- In 2010 we opened 6 fully equipped 4-bed cabins with 1 bedroom.
- In 2013 we installed a 9-hole miniature golf course and a pétanque court.
- In 2016 we expanded the campsite through addition of 3 2-bed cabins.
- In 2023 a brand new handicap friendly service building was also added containing a kitchen, TV, shower, toilet and sauna. Laundry facilities are available to all our guests and can be booked for 60SEK/time slot.